Website NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The Summit, a Skilled Nursing Facility at the Lehighton Campus, is a 91-bed unit specializing in the care of short-term rehab and long-term care patients. Utilizing a patient-centered care approach, clinical experience and patient safety are our highest priorities. The Certified Nursing Assistant provides direct care to residents/patients with ADL needs under the direction of a licensed registered nurse and in accordance with facility policies and procedures and to report resident/patient needs and concerns to licensed nurse in a timely and thorough manner.
- Follows written and oral directions.
- Assists new peer employees in following established facility policies and procedures.
- Identifies resident/patient problems and concerns and report them immediately to the registered nurse.
- Completes assignments in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
- Conducts resident/patient rounds as assigned.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates immediate corrective actions and report same to the RN.
- Attends all in-service or outside classes as assigned and completes assignments cheerfully and with a positive work attitude.
- Follows facility policies and procedures for admission, discharge and transfer.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely and thoroughly.
- Actively listens to resident/patient family concerns and reports problems to the registered nurse.
- Assures residents/patients have call lights, fluids for hydration needs and other necessary resident/patient items within resident/patient reach.
- Functions as a role model, resource person and preceptor for orientation of new personnel.
- perceive attributes of an object through touch.
- hear as it relates to normal conversation.
- see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
- frequently stoop and bend.
- communicate effectively.
- move and use hands easily and skillfully while aiding residents/patients.
- able to withstand stressful situations and deal effectively with them.
- able to lift and move residents/patients using proper body mechanics.
- High School Graduate or GED required. Completion of course for Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Basic Computer knowledge CPR certified preferred
Company: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Lehighton, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A