Website State of Montana
The Montana Chemical Dependency Center (MCDC) is the only in-patient chemical dependency treatment center administered by the State of Montana. This treatment center provides medically monitored detoxification and treatment services to individuals 18 years or older who have been diagnosed with substance use disorders.
- Contacts and schedules outside speakers, volunteers and other guests.
- Documents any changes to scheduled admissions and coordinates information with management team and admissions coordinator to reschedule admission dates and times.
- Monitors and collects data tracking related to admissions scheduled and arrivals.
- Enters and scans application materials and protected health information into electronic medical record.
- Receives all incoming mail, processing it as required, distributing to all 3 facility buildings.
- Processes outgoing mail, utilizes and maintains the postage machine.
- Communicates with patient in-person and via the telephone; assess needs to obtain necessary information for determining and processing eligibility for treatment.
- Coordinates with management team regarding patient’s daily schedule and completes for treatment team on a weekly basis.
- Coordinates Quality Assurance Program Inspection(QAPI) meetings, prepares and distributes meeting information packets, attends the meetings, records minutes and maintains a log of management and other meetings as requested.
- Coordinates with referrents and patients to obtain necessary documentation for admission criteria.
- Efficiently and effectively receives and communicates complex, sensitive and/or contentious information with patients, treatment team members, and community services contacts by means of face-to-face contact, phone contact, or email correspondence.
- Explains general program policies and guidelines to applicants and community referents.
- Provides back up for medical records technician and admission coordinator.
- Initiates admission process for new patients and reviews and completes the consent to treat documentation.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of customer service principles, practices, and positive public relations.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and function effectively with strict deadlines, constant changes, and adapt to high stress situations.
- Mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, percentages, and computations.
- Ability to learn, understand, and correctly apply policies and procedures; evaluate information and determine appropriate action.
- General knowledge of social problems, cultural and human behavior; community based and/or statewide assistance programs and eligibility requirements.
- Detail oriented, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to effectively engage with individuals of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and temperaments and process documents related to the admission process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with DPHHS HIPAA policies and procedures, Title 42 Public Health – Code of Federal
- Regulations (42 CFR), and MCDC management protocol to ensure privacy rights are followed.
- Ability to use computer applications to input, retrieve, and analyze information.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all clients and coworkers by remaining courteous and helpful at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheet, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Related bachelor’s degree and 2 years job-related experience.
- Associate’s degree or certificate in communications, office management, business, human services, sociology, psychology, or other field of study
- Four years of job-related experience coordinating, determining or processing eligibility for social service programs.
Equivalent to graduation from high school
- five years of professional customer service experience to include considerable public contact in a fast-paced environment managing a large workload, solving complex problems, and handling competing priorities while meeting quality standards.
- Other combinations of education or experience may be substituted.
Company: State of Montana
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Butte, MT, US
Application Deadline: N/A