Website State of Montana
The Office of Public Assistance administers state and federal policies and regulations to determine eligibility for public assistance programs. The Client Service Coordinator position serves a vital customer service role and has direct contact with the public in-person and via a telephone helpline. This position helps Montanans gain access to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and a variety of health coverage programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- A positive outlook, dependability, accuracy and pride with your work.
- Initiative, resilience, and cooperative nature to maintain a harmonious work environment that exceeds everyone’s expectations.
- Other combinations of education or experience may be substituted.
- Preferred: Knowledge of public assistance programs & eligibility requirements
- Preferred: Experience working with tribal government entities and/or other organizations of native peoples.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associates degree or certificate in communications, office management, business, human services, sociology, psychology, or other field of study
- Four years of job-related experience determining or processing eligibility for social service programs and/or health, financial loans, unemployment, collections, call center, etc.
- Related bachelor’s degree and 2 years job-related experience.
- Equivalent to graduation from high school AND five years of professional customer service experience to include considerable public contact in a fast-paced environment managing a large workload, solving complex problems, and handling competing priorities while meeting quality standards.
Company: State of Montana
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Missoula, MT, US
Application Deadline: N/A