Website Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport
The Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will serve as part of the crew that helps maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. ASMs work independently or as a team to accomplish tasks, and may assist Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMTs) in technical or non-technical functions related to aircraft interiors (or other areas as needed).
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Tests machinery, mechanical equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Conducts inspections to locate damage, defects, or wear that may affect safety, reliability, or customer experience, reporting issues as appropriate.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Interprets and uses specifications, drawings, blueprints diagrams, schematics, or flow charts to determine operational methods or sequences and to complete work activities.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Troubleshoots equipment or systems operation problems.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., seat gears, tray tables, wiring/electrical), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency.
Company: Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A