Website Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
As the Operations Industrial Engineering Department Manager, you will direct a team of skilled professionals in industrial engineering and process improvement projects at the Airports Authority’s facilities. Responsible for leading critical and complex airport operations projects which may span multiple functions.
- Oversees and performs analyses of the most critical and complex operations using industrial engineering, operations research, and continuous improvement principles; develops process improvements, performance metrics and decision support data to improve service, productivity, and cost performance to position operations to meet short and long-range performance objectives.
- Manages the development and evaluation of costing and schedules and staffing to promote the effective use of employees and equipment; provides advice and guidance on how to best schedule employees to meet operations schedules and time constraints.
- Oversees the identification, development and testing of new hardware and software technology needs for operations in coordination with business systems, engineering systems, information technology, and payment technology. Provides guidance in implementing new and revised, cost effective, technology.
- Develops, oversees, and coordinates the implementation of standardization programs, performance improvements, new work processes, procedures and technologies in operations to improve service, productivity, and cost performance.
- Skill in workload analysis and quality control of operations.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and ability to manage the operations and programs of the unit/team.
- Comprehensive professional knowledge of industrial engineering, with emphasis on facilities operations to analyze, design, develop, test, evaluate, install and improve operations processes.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply key regulatory requirements to ensuring regulatory compliance on projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, managers, and others.
- Ability to perform detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to use computer hardware and modern office suite software.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field.
Company: Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Arlington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A