Website Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Personally, or through subordinate staff , creates and implements the Airports Authority’s social media, website, audience engagement strategies and manages its presence on social media sites and other digital channels. Works to monetize digital initiatives through collaboration with other Offices and organizations. Performs related functions.
- Builds a deep understanding of target audiences’ needs through research and analysis.
- Monitors social media channels for customer service inquiries and responding to them in a timely manner.
- Manages the website governance committee, prioritizes website backlog in collaboration with I.T. to targeted timelines. Collaborates with
- Airports Authority offices to train CMS users and ensure web strategy addresses needs across the organization. Develops process and accountabilities for ensuring website content is dynamic, relevant, and tied to business and revenue objectives.
- Informs customers and the public about Airports Authority news and services to drive customer engagement and brand awareness.
- Manages/builds the digital team and owns the process of delivering growth- focused strategies against targets, objectives, and goals.
- Oversees digital strategy consistency across owned and third-party online customer-focused platforms, and distribution of external digital communication products and content, such as livestream events, podcasts, online magazines, and other revenue-focused globally distributed online content.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to ensure brand consistency and oversight of digital platform channel management to reach prospects and customers. Builds and expands Digital channels.
- Implements, creates, and manages content and presence on social platforms on behalf of the Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD),
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), and the Dulles Toll Road (DTR).
- Develops the tone and voice of social media to grow and engage the audience and drive revenue increases for the Airports Authority. Ensures all social platforms speak in one voice.
- Creates, documents, and implements the Airports Authority’s social media and website strategies.
- Serves as the lead for business performance of our global digital programs (owned, earned and paid), presenting monthly and quarterly business reviews with senior leadership.
- Knowledge of public affairs, public information, and media relations principles and techniques and the ability to apply them to create and evaluate messages, subject matter, and packaging for maximizing consumer interest, ensuring truthfulness and accuracy, and being publicly accountable for information provided.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in digital media management, public information, and growth marketing including developing and executing a strategic and tactical social media communications/marketing strategy.
- Ability to perform detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying the tenets of traditional marketing through social media platforms to create, implement, and manage a social media strategy and drive brand awareness and social dialogue for measurable increases to revenue streams.
Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Skill in using a computer and modern office suite software, with emphasis on digital media, social media, and website development and analysis tools, including tools to shoot and edit photos and videos and mobile devices to track and record events.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and ability to manage the operations and programs of the unit/team.
Company: Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Arlington, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A