Website Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Metropolitan, the EEO Officer will lead the newly established EEO office. As an instrumental member
of Metropolitan’s executive team, the EEO Officer will be charged with developing a strategic plan and an organization plan for the office to approved by the General Manager and the Board. Once approved, the new EEO Officer will be expected to immediately staff the office in accordance with the approved organization and strategic plan, adhering to the core principles of integrity, transparency, and fairness.
- At the executive level, formulate, oversee, administer and direct Metropolitan’s EEO policies, procedures, training, and investigations to ensure compliance with state and federal EEO laws, regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Oversee and direct EEO investigations; review and approve reports prepared by staff; and consistently monitor and consult with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate resolution of all EEO complaints and/or investigations. Manage contracts of outside investigators as necessary.
- Oversees and directs statistical analyses to measure and monitor EEO and affirmative action plan compliance. Reviews statistical information and approves plans and initiatives to address any corrective actions needed related to EEO and affirmative action plans.
- Supervise all internal and/or external EEO investigations as necessary to proactively resolve issues and ensure the experience reflects the core values of transparency, trust, fairness, and integrity.
- Oversee the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of EEO complaint intake procedures and processes that allow problems, issues, violations, or questions of legal nature to surface and be addressed in an appropriate and confidential manner.
- Oversee statistical analyses related to workforce, recruitment, and other employment activities and develops strategic plans based on the data to achieve Metropolitan’s goals as they relate to EEO.
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget for assigned area; manages staff and assigns, coordinates, and outlines activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of employees; evaluates and verifies employee performance throughout the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Performs other related job duties as required
- Required Skills and Abilities to: Confer with attorneys and managers to develop appropriate intervention strategies to address EEO complaints and concerns which could potentially be viewed as individual or systemic discrimination if corrective action is not taken
- Manage internal factual investigations, and the discrimination complaint conciliation process
- Devise and direct special employment programs in support of equal employment objectives
- Adapt to an ever changing environment; persuade and negotiate; take initiative, reason logically, and be creative in developing and introducing new ideas, strategies, services, studies and projects
- Collaborate with all other Human Resources functions to provide team work comprehensive solutions and recommendations; conflict resolution with controversial issues
- Analyze, develop, implement, and promote diversity and the related programs; manage and direct resources to ensure that high priority, volatile situations are dealt with quickly and effectively;
- Identify and interpret technical and numerical information; hire, supervise, train, and evaluate assigned staff; conduct surveys, analyze data, and effectively propose solutions to problems encountered; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff.
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- 12 years of relevant experience, of which 6 years must have been in a management or supervisory position; or an advanced degree from an accredited college
- University in a related field and 10 years of relevant experience, of which 6 years must have been in a management or supervisory position. JD preferred.
Company: Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A