Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Serves as the Director of the Environmental Management Division, works under the general direction of the Deputy Assistant Administrator for the Office of Strategic Infrastructure. Responsible for ensuring environmental programs are advocated, funded and accomplished consistent with regulatory, programmatic, and NASA strategic needs and environmental programs are conducted in an optimum manner to gain efficiencies and to meet agency goals, national mandates and regulatory requirements.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, development, implementation and management of agency level policy and strategic plans for environmental programs, such as sustainability, compliance, restoration, conservation, environmental impact assessments, environmental justice and energy.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and maintaining close working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and federal entities such as the Environmental Protection Agency, and other Executive Branch offices and commercial entities, rendering advice to senior officials, as well as resolving environmental and energy issues relevant to agency missions including advocacy for environmental program budgets.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A