Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Serves as the Director of the Environmental Management Division, works under the general direction of the Deputy Assistant Administrator for the Office of Strategic Infrastructure. Responsible for ensuring environmental programs are advocated, funded and accomplished consistent with regulatory, programmatic, and NASA strategic needs and environmental programs are conducted in an optimum manner to gain efficiencies and to meet agency goals, national mandates and regulatory requirements.
- Provides functional management and leadership for environmental activities and programs, including energy and sustainability programs, at NASA Centers and Component Facilities utilizing the principals of virtual organizations and parallel networking.
- Develops policy for the preparation of environmental impact statements and assessments for major programmatic undertakings.
- Coordinates with other Federal Agencies/Departments, such as Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, the White House, and NASA external stakeholders and partners on NASA environmental and energy programs to meet performance goals established by the President, Executive Order, or legislation.
- Provides program management of NASA efforts for the compliance with restoration/cleanup activities management, and oversight of Center/Component Facility activities to ensure adherence with regulatory requirements while minimizing negative impacts to NASA programs.
- Prepares Agency level environmental/energy reports to external Agencies such as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Environmental protection Agency (EPA), the Department of Energy (DOE), and the Congress.
- Establishes and advocates total NASA Environmental Compliance and Restoration Program activities included in the annual budget request to the OMB and Congress. Establishes Agency wide program priorities and exercises management, including any fiduciary responsibilities associated with the resources appropriated for Environmental Compliance and Restoration Program. Advocates and manages funded non Environmental Compliance and Restorations Program activities.
- Conducts studies, analyses, investigations, and assessments of environmental issues, such as ISO 14000, contaminated soils, and hazardous waste disposal, to identify the most appropriate options. Ensures that these efforts are appropriately funded and conducted in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and/or participates in the assessments of NASA Centers and Component Facilities. Consults with the appropriate management level on the sufficiency of funding, adequacy of implementation, and on problems/issues requiring remedial actions.
- Recommends policies, programs, and strategies for complying with environmental requirements associated with Agency programs and institutions, including environmental planning, pollution prevention, and environmental justice.
- Must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug testing may be required.
- The individual selected will be required to file an ‘Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Initial Senior Executive Service (SES) Career appointee is subject to a one-year probationary period.
Qualification & Experience:
- Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A