Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Serves as the Director of the Environmental Management Division, works under the general direction of the Deputy Assistant Administrator for the Office of Strategic Infrastructure. Responsible for ensuring environmental programs are advocated, funded and accomplished consistent with regulatory, programmatic, and NASA strategic needs and environmental programs are conducted in an optimum manner to gain efficiencies and to meet agency goals, national mandates and regulatory requirements.
- Provides functional management and leadership for environmental activities and programs, including energy and sustainability programs, at NASA Centers and Component Facilities utilizing the principals of virtual organizations and parallel networking.
- Recommends policies, programs, and strategies for complying with environmental requirements associated with Agency programs and institutions, including environmental planning, pollution prevention, and environmental justice.
- Develops policy for the preparation of environmental impact statements and assessments for major programmatic undertakings.
- Conducts studies, analyses, investigations, and assessments of environmental issues, such as ISO 14000, contaminated soils, and hazardous waste disposal, to identify the most appropriate options. Ensures that these efforts are appropriately funded and conducted in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares Agency level environmental/energy reports to external Agencies such as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Environmental protection Agency (EPA), the Department of Energy (DOE), and the Congress.
- Reviews and/or participates in the assessments of NASA Centers and Component Facilities. Consults with the appropriate management level on the sufficiency of funding, adequacy of implementation, and on problems/issues requiring remedial actions.
- Coordinates with other Federal Agencies/Departments, such as Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Defense, Department of Commerce, the White House, and NASA external stakeholders and partners on NASA environmental and energy programs to meet performance goals established by the President, Executive Order, or legislation.
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- Initial Senior Executive Service (SES) Career appointee is subject to a one-year probationary period.
- The individual selected will be required to file an ‘Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug testing may be required.
- Must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have the skill and ability to perform the duties described above as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience, normally obtained over several years by serving in positions at the GS-15 level or equivalent.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A