Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
As the District’s expert in Coastal Engineering is technically responsible for carrying out the District’s responsibilities for coastal engineering designs and development of detailed plans and specifications including special and unique monitoring programs for projects along coastal areas and inlets for the purposes of wetland restoration, navigation improvements, shoreline protection and beach erosion control.
- Directs section and unit engineers engaged in developing designs for projects along coastal areas, inlets and estuarine environments.
- Undertakes the design of navigation channels, sediment traps, floodwalls, levees, tidegates, backfills, jetties, breakwaters and groins and seawalls.
- Plans and schedules work, directs employees, establishes priorities and periodically evaluates program activities to ascertain if program objectives are being met.
- Provides expert recommendations for the conduct of special wind, wave, erosion and accretion studies.
- Coordinates and consults with other District offices on the gathering and preparation of data for development of hydrodynamic and sediment transport models.
- Develops procedures and standards to be used by others for wetland restoration, navigation improvements, shoreline protection and beach erosion control.
- Establishes methods and procedures for effective accomplishment of work and reviews and approves completed work.
- This position requires possession of an active Professional Engineering (PE) license issued by any State in the United States, the District of Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Incumbent is required to possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Incumbent must obtain a Facilities Engineering (FE) Level II certification within 24 months from the start of employment.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A