Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) at NASA Headquarters is seeking a diverse pool of talented candidates to be the Agency’s Director of the Budget Division. The incumbent will lead and manage the development of the annual formulation and execution of the Agency’s budget. This important leadership role maximizes NASA’s ability to continue achieving the scientific and technological breakthroughs that keep our nation as the global leader in aeronautics and space exploration.
- Serves as the principal advisor for Agency funds and resources; and directs, monitors, and approves the structure of budget formulations and execution, including Agency requests for apportionments and allotments.
- Prepares, tracks and performs analysis of Agency budget requests to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the Congress of the United States, approval of allocation and program funds consistent with Congressional direction, and preparation and update of Agency Operating Plans.
- Coordinates responsibility with the Director, Financial Management Division for the centralized control of funds, apportionment requests to OMB and subsequent allotment of funds to the NASA Centers, consistent with budget line items contained in authorization and appropriation acts.
- Provides an important leadership role across the Agency’s resources management community, providing regular communications of budget issues, collaboration with resources management offices in the Mission Directorates, and collaboration with the Centers including the Resources Management process champions for the OCFO enterprise.
- Provides for the overview and financial management of Agency resources relating to programs and operations, including all resources aspects of the planning, programming, and budgeting process.
- Coordinates responsibility with the Director, Strategic Investments, for the Agency’s planning, programming, budgeting and execution (PPBE) process, leading the budgeting and execution phases. The PPBE process includes the independent analysis of program office proposals for resource allocations and program planning, and progress towards goals and objectives.
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug testing may be required.
- The individual selected will be required to file an ‘Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
- Must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Successful completion of a background investigation commensurate with the risk and sensitivity level of the position.
- Please see the ‘Additional Information’ section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- Initial Senior Executive Service (SES) Career appointee is subject to a one-year probationary period.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have the skill and ability to perform the duties described above as demonstrated by progressively responsible supervisory/leadership experience, normally obtained over several years by serving in positions at the GS-15 level or equivalent.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A