Website Nashville International Airport
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) is supported by two Executive Assistants (EA) who coordinate all business aspects of the Executive Office and Board of Commissioners, including daily schedule, travel, meeting requirements and correspondence. One EA focuses on executive coordination by supporting the CEO and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) on a daily basis. The other EA focuses on coordinating and supporting the Board of Commissioners and Strategic Advisor to the CEO on a daily basis. Each position serves as back-up to the other.
- Manages Executive Office expense budget, including invoice processing.
- Maintains the CEO and COO’s calendars.
- Processes pre-authorizations and expenses reports for the CEO and COO.
- Registers Board Members and Strategic Advisor for conferences and events, books travel and accommodations and coordinates conference schedules/appointments on calendars.
- Prepares correspondence and presentations for CEO and COO, including internal, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Local/State/Federal Governance.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Manages retention of Board records, and destruction of records as applicable.
- Manages Board of Commissioners expense budget, including invoice processing.
- Reviews content and coordinates with Corporate Communications to update the Leadership section of the Nashville International Airport’s (BNA) website.
- Coordinates Committee/Board meetings, Board retreats and tours, including public notices, meeting invitations, attendance tracking/follow-up, agendas, Board packets, logistics, meals, accommodations and minutes.
- Registers CEO and COO for conferences and events, books travel and accommodations and coordinates conference schedules/appointments on calendars.
- Processes pre-authorizations and expenses reports for the Board of Commissioners and Strategic Advisor.
- Maintains the annual Committee and Board calendars and 120-day outlook
- Maintains Board section of BNA’s website.
- Assists with daily executive coordination tasks as required.
- Coordinates executive meetings, executive staff retreats and tours, including invitations, attendance tracking/follow-up, agendas, meeting materials, logistics, meals and accommodations.
- Overall, both EA’s are required to:
- Board Coordination
- Prepares correspondence and meeting packets for Committee/Board.
- Executive Coordination
- Ensures accuracy and quality of Board packets (agendas, minutes resolutions, staff analysis, amendments, approvals, etc.), including compliance with State Statutes and Board Bylaws.
- Assists with Board coordination daily tasks as required.
- Ensures accuracy and quality of executive office documentation (staff summary sheets, contracts, approvals, etc.).
- Attends Committee/Board meetings, and assures meetings are conducted in accordance with requirements of State of TN, Metro Nashville and Board Bylaws, records all motions and decisions and prepares/disseminates minutes.
- Maintains bios, airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badging status and required disclosures for the CEO and COO.
- Attends meetings and takes accurate notes to ensure that departmental assignment lists are accurate, updated and disseminated on the expected schedule.
- Manages retention and destruction of Executive Office records.
- Manages Board member appointments to include appointment and term dates, and coordination with the Mayor’s Office and Metropolitan Council. In addition, maintains bios, airport SIDA badging status and required disclosures.
- Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Flexibility: Adapts to a changing work environment, including organizational needs and pace of work.
- Office Management: Knowledge of general office management practices and procedures.
- Relationship Building: Skill in establishing and maintaining effective and professional working relationships with others.
- Attention to Detail: Is careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Written Comprehension: Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Computer Use: Skill in using a personal computer, the internet and other software to perform job-related functions.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Skill in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Communication: Skill in communicating effectively at all levels of the organization and with stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Safety and Security: Knowledge of equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safety and security.
- Written Expression: Ability to use words and sentences in writing so others will understand.
- Confidentiality: Maintains confidential information
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge.
- Efficiency: Skill in working efficiently under strict deadlines.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Skill in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Office Management: Knowledge of general office management practices and procedures
- Microsoft Office: In-depth skill in using Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Office Equipment: Skill in using standard office equipment such as telephones, recorders, copy machines, scanners, multi-functional printers, and fax machines.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4 – 7 years of Executive Assistant experience, working with senior executive(s) and/or Board/Governance.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License.
- Notary Public for the State of Tennessee Certification within three months of hire.
- Associate’s Degree
Company: Nashville International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A