Website National Grid
We are currently seeking an experienced Equipment Operator with the ability to travel extensively to job sites with in the National Grid territory. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, tuition assistance and more.
- Perform manual labor or other duties as directed by supervision and operate in a team environment.
- Operate a crane utilizing a man basket near energized conductors.
- Operate heavy equipment on or around energized conductors; i.e. backhoe excavator, bull dozer, truck crane, conventional crane, assorted tracked vehicles, and Transmission conductor installation machinery.
- Installation/removal of utility poles, excavating roadways, digging utility pole holes, installing and running conductor, delivering material and equipment.
- Respond to emergency calls during off hours which may require overnight stays and perform duties in adverse conditions.
- Operate a tractor trailer with high/low bed trailers and load/unload heavy equipment or materials.
- Ability to operate equipment in various environmental conditions in a transmission right of way.
- Must have a minimum of 3.5 years of experience driving and operating heavy equipment similar to equipment used by National Grid
- Transmission Line Services (i.e. mobile cranes, track-laying tractors and associated equipment).
- Need to possess a NYS Crane Operators License with the ability to obtain licenses in other states as deemed necessary
- Ability to obtain Hazardous Material and a Class M endorsement.
- Need to possess an unrestricted Class A Driver’s License with an air brake endorsement and a Medical Examiners Certificate
- Ability and willingness to work different schedules, on holidays and weekends and overtime as required.
- Ability to drive all types of vehicles and equipment in adverse conditions, in a safe manner.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to obtain a Certified Escort License for oversized loads.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment validated company test(s) and participate in an outside demonstration of job skills.
Company: National Grid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A