Website National Park Service
This Career/Career-Conditional full-time position is located in Independence National Historical Park, in the Division of Asset Preservation and Maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance to all plumbing and mechanical equipment and parts.
- Install, modify, and repair plumbing fixtures (bathtubs, showers, toilets, sinks, water fountains, irrigation, and their associated hardware).
- Clean gravity type sewage drain lines, repair or replace potable water lines, and make connections and repairs to water mains and fire hydrants.
- Install and repair submersible pumps and centrifugal transfer pumps.
- Perform all types of maintenance on wells, well seals, pumps, storage tanks, and water distribution mains.
- Install and makes repair to sewer drain systems (these include septic tanks, drain fields, sewage lift pumps, and re
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males.
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver’s license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and Driving Record.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work overtime.
- If you are a new employee in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to occasionally travel overnight away from home.
- All applicants must submit their most recent performance appraisal showing the official rating of record and signed by a supervisor or, if one is unavailable, a statement as to why it is not available.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A