Website National Park Service
This position is established to perform presale duties including timber marking, traversing, and basic tree measurements.
- Determine area of timber resources by traversing harvest unit boundaries and road locations.
- Serve as the tally person to complete timber cruises.
- This position will be filled at the GS-04 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-05 grade level. Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Use marking guidelines to select and mark trees for harvest.
- Assess quality and determine defects in timber.
- Assist higher-graded technicians to measure tree diameter, tree height and defects and quality of timber.
Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the National Federation of Federal Employees, IAMAW (does not apply to West Virginia locations).
Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
All locations in Illinois are part of the bargaining unit, except Wilmington, IL. All locations in Minnesota are part of the bargaining unit, except Cass Lake, Blackduck,
Walker and Deer River.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
All locations in the following states are part of the bargaining unit: Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- successful completion of 2 years of study that included at least 12 semester hours in any combination of courses such as forestry, agriculture, crop or plant science, range management or conservation, wildlife management, watershed management, soil science, natural resources (except marine fisheries and oceanography), outdoor recreation management, civil or forest engineering, or wildland fire science (no more than 3 semester hours in mathematics is creditable);
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Company: National Park Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A