Website Navajo Nation
Social Hygiene Technician will work closely with the hospitals, laboratories and other health care facilities and/or providers to retrieve confidential patient information. Duties include interviewing, investigating, and locating individuals who are infected or suspected of being infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
- The technician will assist in the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of patients. It will be necessary to accurately complete and submit all required epidemiological forms, monthly reports, mileage reports, timesheets, laboratory reports and other required documents in a timely matter.
- In addition, the technician will be required to provide technician assistance to state and local health department officials.
- Technician will also ensure that patients are seen in a timely matter, medical records available and documentation is clear and accurate.
- Technician may also be expected to input highly confidential data on patients into an
epidemiologic databases (STD*MIS) for the fulfillment of the grant’s terms of agreement, tribal, state and/or federal laws.
- It will be important to establish and maintain communication between the following: medical records, laboratory, PHN, field clinicians, physicians and other public health workers. It may be necessary to collect blood (phlebotomy) or non-blood specimens for syphilis and HIV testing.
- Technician will provide health education in group and / or individual formats to all STD patients, contacts, schools, chapter houses, health providers and communities within the Arizona Service Units.
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school diploma/GED with college coursework in Health, Public Health, or related field; and three (3) years of experience working in a community based healthcare program; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Company: Navajo Nation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montezuma Creek, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A