Website The National Institutes of Health
This position is located in the Office of Biostatistics Research, Office of the Clinical Director, Division of Intramural Research, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI).
- Provide statistical consultation to and collaboration with scientists within the Institute.
- Implement appropriate methods of data collection, summary, and analysis to scientists in the Institute.
- Apply a variety of statistical techniques such as analysis of regression analysis, survival analysis, variance, contingency tables and longitudinal data, etc.
- Develop and perform mathematical analysis to indicate trends, the likelihood of various outcomes, performance levels, and ideal conditions.
- Serve as a resource for staff by providing advice on statistical aspects of research studies.
- Select and apply or supervise the application of appropriate statistical analysis and data processing software related to the assigned duties and to the work of other staff members.
- Develop and formulate plans to design, implement, operate, and maintain data systems for research studies to increase data reliability and quality.
- Participate in meetings of conferences of professional societies by attendance and presentation of papers; serve as a representative of the Institute for the exchange of information in the field.
- A degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics (of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics).
- Courses acceptable toward meeting the mathematics course requirement must have included at least four of the following: differential calculus, integral calculus, advanced calculus, theory of equations, vector analysis, advanced algebra, linear algebra, mathematical logic, differential equations, or any other advanced course in mathematics for which one of these was a prerequisite.
- Courses in mathematical statistics or probability theory with a prerequisite of elementary calculus or more advanced courses will be accepted toward meeting the mathematics requirements, with the provision that the same course cannot be counted toward both the mathematics and the statistics requirement.
Qualification & Experience:
- This position is designated as a “
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- At the supervisor’s discretion, this position may offer
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
Company: The National Institutes of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Bethesda, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A