Website The National Institutes of Health
Do you have general engineering experience related to facilities construction, renovation, design, and/or fire protection? The Office of Research Facilities (ORF), Division of Facilities, Operations, and Maintenance (DFOM) have General Engineer positions available in two locations.
- Ensure construction contractors are meeting local, state, and federal health and safety requirements.
- Monitor project reviews, readjusting money, schedules, and work required to complete assigned projects.
- Use information management, project tracking, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
- Direct the preparation of detailed fee estimates and the pertinent correspondence, plans, reports, and A/E contract criteria necessary for project completion.
- Lead planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for a variety of real property facilities.
- Perform final acceptance inspections and complete all administrative actions required to close out assigned projects.
- Lead site investigations and evaluate data obtained to determine feasibility, topography, site configuration or condition of the structure, and essential data prior to initiating design..
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of a background investigation, verification of qualifications, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, and any other job-related requirement before or after appointment.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement or proof of being a U.S. National must be met by closing date.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Position requires Education, transcripts are required (See “Qualifications” section of this announcement).
- Position is a Tier 2, Non-Emergency, Teleworker.
- Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Possess 3 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree that is directly related to the duties of this position,
- completed the requirements for such a degree in an appropriate field of engineering;
- Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks:
Company: The National Institutes of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A