Website Northrop Grumman
The Staff Aerodynamics Engineer applies engineering principles to the design and development of air vehicle in order to ensure safe, operational efficiency while maintaining defined program strategic goals. Working with a highly motivated team responsible for all aspects of air vehicle aerodynamic verification and validation (V&V) and the contributions to air vehicle stability & control and performance.
- Interact with other flight science disciplines and providing trade study support and guidance on data quality
- Supports flight test planning, acquisition and analysis of flight test data working closely with flight test and flight controls disciplines.
- Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex professional tasks
- Provides design verification and validation by supporting wind tunnel test planning, development, test data acquisition, data reduction, necessary flight corrections, and final database releases timely to program schedule.
- Provide technical analysis data for substantiation data reports and other airworthiness artifacts required to support flight clearances
- Innovates solutions to a variety of technical challenges of increasing scope and complexity
- General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and advanced techniques
- Verifies design modifications by working closely with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) dataset providers and assessing air vehicle impacts.
- Supports air vehicle aerodynamic database development
- Excellent communication, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Graduate level academic concentration in aerodynamics and Parameter Identification
- Aerodynamic/propulsion force and moment accounting
- Stability and Control experience
- Experience in Wind Tunnel test support role resulting in timely data reduction and database generation
- Flight test support experience
- Flight test data analysis including system and parameter identification experience
- Experience with Aerodynamic database development for Six Degree of Freedom simulators
- Experience in MATLAB
Company: Northrop Grumman
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A