Website Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management’s Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority
- Provides information to farmers, ranchers and other rural residents on the kind of assistance available from NRCS and other USDA agencies.
- Assists with conducting engineer surveys to design mechanical practices to be utilized in conservation planning.
- Advises landowners on eligibility prerequisites and conditions that must be satisfied to qualify for program acceptance and payments.
- Provides technical support to conservation planners in resource planning by utilizing survey tools and planning software.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
Experience and Qualifications:
- The GS-0458 Soil Conservation Technician series is a technical position.
- Education is not a requirement for this position, however, this series does allows individuals without experience in this field to substitute education in lieu of experience.
- One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which includes: 1.) Installing and maintaining agricultural land soil and water conservation measures on farms and ranches;
- Participates in efforts to implement conservation practices in conjunction with cropping, irrigation, and grazing systems and wildlife habitat management; OR 2.)
- Participation with an NRCS co-op organization such as a Conservation District, State Conservation Agency or Conservation Non-Governmental Organization.
Company: Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Gulfport, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A