Website Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management’s Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans’ preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM’s authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
- Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for all resource concerns for use in developing complete basic farm conservation plans.
- Understands all applicable NRCS and Farm Bill programs available to address resource concerns and explains cost share programs and payment procedures to applicants and contract holders.
- Carries out a follow-up schedule for applying soil conservation practices in accordance with plan and contract schedules.
- With supervision, utilizes most current technology programs in the documentation and management of conservation plans and technical assistance by the service center.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
- Incumbent is required to obtain Conservation Planning Level certification.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
- Soil conservation or related agricultural or natural resource discipline such as agronomy, soil science, forestry, agricultural education, or agricultural engineering. The study must have included 30 semester hours in a natural resource or agricultural field, including at least 12 semester hours in a combination of soils and crops or plant science. Of the 12 semester hours, a minimum of 3 semester hours must have been in soils and 3 semester hours in crops or plant science;
Company: Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Harrison, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A