Website NYC Department of Education (NYCDOE)
Mission: PS 958 is a flexible space for learning that is universally designed, supports neurodiversity and is culturally responsive. Students engage in challenging, real-world exploration that utilizes research-backed instructional practices, builds critical thinking skills and fosters creativity. The school community will work collaboratively to design a student-driven learning experience that supports and affirms the intersection and complexities of all identities, especially those that have been historically marginalized.
- Engaging and interacting with staff, parents, students, and the school community in a positive manner
- Assisting Principal with clerical tasks such as updating calendar, making appointments, sending and receiving correspondence.
- Performing all functions of human services support, as they pertain to the role of school secretary, including payroll and employment processing.
- Performing pupil accounting, payroll, purchasing and supply duties using DOE systems and Microsoft applications
- Performing School Secretary tasks in support of the learning community and focus of the school.
- Collaborating with all members of the main office staff to serve the school community
- Performing all functions of pupil enrollment services, including but not limited to registration, transfers, maintaining required documentation of all enrolled students
- Willingness to carry out the above duties and responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills to maintain payroll, purchasing and inventory records.
- Ability to process school-wide payroll.
- Knowledge of the DOE policies regarding student and employee records.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted new school environment, including the ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform general office management tasks.
- Ability to maintain student records and schedules and coordinate all purchases of textbooks, equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to implement the appropriate procedures regarding student and employee records in keeping with DOE regulations.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and accounting and inventory programs.
- Ability and/or willingness to utilize office equipment and software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook) and Google Apps
Company: NYC Department of Education (NYCDOE)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A