Website Village of Oak Lawn
Provide support to the Engineering department in survey and design projects. Handle day to day engineering related inquires. Undertake engineering investigations. Utilize software to prepare engineering designs.
- Prepare timely assistance in investigations survey and design projects for roads, traffic management, storm water drainage, water supply and sewerage, together with the preparation of work schedules and estimates.
- Perform tasks in a team environment as an Asset and Design team member.
- Coordinate when required, with contractors, utility company representatives, Public Works Dept., Village staff, and the community.
- Delivery of survey applicable to undertake design and construct of projects.
- Apply adopted standards, legislation and sound engineering practice to all facets of engineering works undertaken by the department.
- Provide assistance with project management of selected projects, including monitoring of quality assurance, financial reporting, timeframes and asset management components.
- Excellent project management and communication skills essential. Must be customer service focused.
- The Village of Oak Lawn is seeking qualified applicants, without regard to sex, race, color or ethnic origin.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Applicant should be currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering bachelor degree program.
- Valid driver’s license is required. Ability to complete reports in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Civil CAD, Auto CAD and GIS software desired.
Company: Village of Oak Lawn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oak Lawn, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A