Website Village of Oak Lawn
Performs general semi-skilled manual labor and related work as required. Work is done under the immediate supervision of Crew Chiefs that lay out the details of each specific assignment and then monitors the progress until completion.
- Performs maintenance and repair of water mains; water services; water valves; and fire hydrants.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving: pavement repair and maintenance; tree trimming and removal; loading and unloading of stone, dirt, asphalt and heavy mechanical equipment.
- Operates vehicles and performs snow and ice removal tasks.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of storm and sanitary sewers.
- Sufficient strength and agility are required to perform manual tasks for prolonged periods. Must be able to lift an object of forty-five (45) pounds and move it fifty (50) feet.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the physical health and ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions, and to function effectively in varied terrain, i.e., hilly, unpaved, in trenches, etc. Applicant must possess mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Must speak, read, and write the English language fluently. Applicant must possess a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License is required; a CDL Class A is required or the ability to obtain one within the first year of employment.
- Experience as a mechanic, plumber, carpenter, electrician, painter or semi-skilled tradesman, or equivalent related experience highly desired.
- Successfully completion and certification in the following FEMA Classes: ICS100, ICS200 during /after a 12 month probation period.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education will be waived for candidates who have four (4) years of active military duty with an Honorable Discharge and/or who meet the Lateral Transfer Candidate Policy.
Company: Village of Oak Lawn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oak Lawn, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A