Website Oakland Community College
Performs paraprofessional duties in support of one or more instructional disciplines. Typical duties for all paraprofessionals are listed below. The employee is expected to work in a multi-cultural, diverse working environment.
- Issues and checks in instruments, teaching aids, supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Performs related tasks, as assigned.
- Assists faculty in work area, as requested.
- Sets up, cleans, and demonstrates use of equipment and instruments; maintains and performs minor repairs on equipment and instruments.
- Maintains inventories, orders supplies in accordance with college purchasing procedures, prepares maintenance work orders, and arranges for outside repairs of equipment and instruments, as necessary.
- Assists students in labs regarding basic questions in subject matter, equipment, procedures, etc.
- Monitors safety and security of work area, equipment, supplies, and materials; maintains cleanliness of work area, ensuring conformity with
- MIOSHA directives.
- Trains and directs college student personnel with appropriate approval.
- Performs necessary clerical duties and functions.
- Assists in loading software on computers in the digital photography labs, as needed.
- Assists with photography or art exhibits, if applicable.
- Prepares developing solutions for photo lab, as needed.
- Monitors and arranges disposal of chemical and biohazard waste.
- Sets up material/equipment and processes documents with computer enhanced technology.
- Prepares clay and glazes; operates kilns.
- Sets up for class demonstration.
- Travels off-campus to obtain supplies and materials; delivers and picks up equipment and instruments to be repaired.
Company: Oakland Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Troy, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A