Website Oakland Community College
Serves as an assistant to the Vice Chancellor of Student Services. Performs executive secretarial duties and administrative support tasks that will enhance the leadership effectiveness of the supervisor, manages office operations, and prepares confidential documents and reports. Incumbent has unique responsibilities depending on the department or area of assignment. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
- Provides oversight and coordination of administrator’s schedule including meetings and travel arrangements; receives and routes correspondence to appropriate entities for further action.
- Coordinates or assists with special events or projects when requested.
- Contacts appropriate College administrative and professional staff as well as industry, community and professional resources on supervisor’s behalf to collect data and prepare specific reports; utilizes spreadsheet, word processing, and appropriate technology and software to format results.
- Schedules, attends, and take minutes at campus and/or college meetings or hearings as needed; prepares and distributes documents, reports, and minutes as appropriate; maintains and tracks the supervisor’s appointments for review and follow-up.
- Answers and screens telephone calls; promotes customer confidence and operations by assisting in resolving questions or issues raised, referring inquiries to appropriate areas within the college.
- Demonstrates initiative when providing assistance to the College administrator.
- Supervises work of federal work study or student assistants and staff including training, assigning duties, and monitoring performance as directed.
- Assists the College administrator with daily and unique issues with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Maintains department budget utilizing the college wide software systems; investigates problems or inconsistencies with budget, as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of College budget and accounts payable/receivable procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and use sound judgment on disclosure of confidential or sensitive issues
- Ability to compile and prepare data and information
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, including special projects
Company: Oakland Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A