Website Oakland Community College
Responsible for cleaning functions, furniture moving and adjustments, and other related custodial duties in compliance with assigned safety and work standards and schedules. A custodian may be assigned and paid out of classification for duties of a Mailroom/Shipping & Receiving Clerk or Groundskeeper, when directed by their supervisor and with appropriate training. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
- Assembles and performs minor repairs and adjustments to fixtures, furnishings and furniture; reports equipment requiring outside service to supervisor.
- Collects and distributes supplies, as assigned.
- May direct student employees assigned to area consistent with the terms and conditions of the Master Labor Agreement.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, and storage areas.
- Collects and removes waste and trash from assigned areas.
- Performs hand snow shoveling and spreads salt, where needed.
- Cleans and maintain walls, ceilings, windows, floors, bathrooms, furniture, and fixtures.
- Maintains entrance ways (i.e., removes litter, sweeps, and mops).
- Loads, unloads, and moves furniture and fixtures, including disassembling and assembling, as required.
- Operates grounds equipment, as needed.
- Ability to learn and to use accepted cleaning and maintenance practices
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions and diagrams
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to ascend ladders
- Ability to work independently or as a team, when needed
- Ability to operate aerial and high lifts, preferred
- Customer service focused
- Basic computer skills
Company: Oakland Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A