Website U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
As a HR Specialist (Recruitment, Placement and Classification) at the GS-0201-13, you will be part of OPM Human Resources, Office of Personnel Management. If selected, you will be responsible for serve as a recognized senior advisor/specialist, provides expert HR consulting and advice to their assigned organization(s), develops solutions to complex problems of program improvement in Executive Resources.
- Reviews, assist, teach, and mentor lower graded specialist and assistants.
- Draft/post JOA’s, conduct quality and qualification review of applications, issue certificates/referrals.
- Update/maintain internal data bases.
- Make job offers, set pay, research HR issues, code personnel actions, open and close case files.
- Provide full range of HR services for OPM senior employee positions (i.e., SES, SL and ST positions) and politically appointed positions (i.e.,
- Presidential Appointees, Noncareer SES Members, and Schedule C Appointees), to include the functional areas of classification, recruitment and staffing, compensation and benefits, and position/allocation management.
- Serves as a consultant to management and internal HR employees on Senior Executive and political appointed personnel records processing procedures and rules.
- Classifies the full range of positions using the OPM classification standards, including position management.
- Conduct the strategic conversation for recruitments, work with Subject Matter Experts and senior-level hiring officials for the job analysis and crediting plans.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- Complete the initial online assessment and USAHire Assessment, if required
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
Company: U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A