Website Village of Orland Park
The Village of Orland Park, a dynamic, progressive community seeks a full time Management Analyst who, under general supervision, performs professional work related to the Village’s procurement and contracting processes and provides analytical and administrative support to the Finance Department. The Management Analyst also provides administrative support in developing, implementing and maintaining fiscal policies and procedures, and documenting practices and procedures conducted throughout the department.
- This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing the technical aspects of formal bids and requests for proposals and be responsible for the coordination of Village contracts.
- The Management Analyst is responsible for assisting with the establishment of new techniques and/or procedures for purchasing scenarios not covered by existing Village purchasing policies and procedures.
- This position ensures that the various Village departments are provided with required goods, equipment and services when needed, in the proper quantity, quality, and time frame.
- The Management Analyst is responsible for assisting with the administration of the overall purchasing functions for the Village while adhering to purchasing policy guidelines adopted by the Village Board and/or Federal and State regulations.
- This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing the technical aspects of purchasing and ensuring the Village exercises impartial judgement in the selection of its vendors.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in finance, public administration, business administration or related field.
- The position also requires two (2) to five (5) years of experience, previous government experience is preferred.
- Extensive understanding of office software including word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet creation/manipulation and database software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access is mandatory.
- Some procurement experience is preferred or a combination of education and related experience in governmental and/or commercial purchasing or related finance or governmental field is preferred, along with the ability to work effectively with department directors and managers, various contractors and vendors that provide goods and/or services to the Village.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal and other customer service driven operations; principles and practices of high performing teams; Village ordinances, resolutions and standard municipal procedures.
Company: Village of Orland Park
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Palos Hills, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A