Website Village of Orland Park
The Village Orland Park is a premier community located 30 miles southwest of Chicago’s Loop with a residential population of nearly 60,000, and is the commercial and retail hub of the Chicago south suburban region. Orland Park continues its wave of growth and prosperity from a historic, rural community to a dynamic corporate and commercial center. Additional information, including the Village’s annual budget documents, CAFRs and PAFRs, can be found on the Village’s website at www.orlandpark.org.
- The Assistant Finance Director assists in planning, organizing and directing the various functions of the Finance Department, including but not limited to, playing a key role in the development of the Village’s annual budget, leading the annual financial statement audit process, and directly overseeing the functions of payroll, accounting, bank reconciliation and accounts payable.
- In addition, the Assistant Finance Director provides indirect oversight of the cashiering, risk management and water billing processes.
- Other functions of the Finance Department that the Assistant Finance Director periodically participates in include contract management, purchasing, pension fund tracking, reporting and cash management.
- The Assistant Finance Director provides high level support to the Finance Director on an “as needed” basis, performs research, drafts correspondence, and manages programs as assigned.
- This position will respond to complex citizen inquiries as needed and coordinate department actions/responses.
- The Assistant Finance Director participates in issues, projects and programs, requiring inter-departmental cooperation or high-level response to residents or community groups.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and a CPA designation is required.
- The position also requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience, preferably in a community of comparable complexity.
- Strong knowledge of municipal finance practices, including GASB principles and accounting practices are required.
- This position is responsible for the creation of the Village’s GFOA ACFR, PAFR and Budget Award documents and therefore must have extensive familiarity with the requirements of these award programs.
- Familiarity with enterprise financial management systems is a must and extremely strong Microsoft Excel skills are required.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Village of Orland Park
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Orland Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A