Website Village of Orland Park
The Village of Orland Park’s award winning Police Department is currently accepting submissions for a full-time Tele-Communicator. The Police department is one of the most visible Village departments and works to keep the Orland Park community safe and oversees the enforcement of laws and ordinances.
- This position is primarily responsible for processing emergency and non-emergency requests for service of police, transferring requests for fire or medical units to the appropriate jurisdiction, and communicating with and dispatching emergency units including police, ESDA, fire and EMS to persons requesting assistance as prescribed in the priority of services system of operation.
- This important role will also maintain awareness of field unit activities within the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system, maintain status and location of units in the field, retrieve and transmit information concerning wanted persons, stolen property, vehicle registration, hazardous street and weather conditions to officers in the field, as well as transmit orders and instructions, when necessary, from commanding officers.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate an ability to work well under pressure, exercise good judgement, make sound decisions, establish priorities and react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and written, pay attention to detail, both oral and written, analyze and interpret Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data, operate 9-1-1 system equipment, telephones, radio communications and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system is also a must.
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate is required.
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years experience in clerical or dispatch work is also required.
Company: Village of Orland Park
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Orland Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A