Website Melbourne Orlando International Airport
Install, repair, and maintain door locking devices and hardware; prepare keys, program basic electronic locks and keys. Perform regular cleaning and prescribed operator maintenance tasks on equipment. Complete maintenance work orders as assigned, record all time, materials, and equipment information correctly and promptly so that accurate maintenance and repair records are kept. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified Registered Locksmith or Certified Institutional Locksmith preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand airport diagrams.
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge.
- Must have the ability to trouble-shoot in an environment with a variety of variables and situations.
- Valid Florida driver license required.
- Must have basic knowledge of essential safety equipment and protective devices.
- Must be capable of properly operating field communications equipment and ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalency diploma
- one (1) to three (3) years of experience working as a locksmith in the maintenance or construction fields including experience installing, rekeying, repairing, and maintaining locks and related hardware, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Completion of a locksmith vocational-technical school program preferred.
- Experience with lock systems used at the airport (i.e. Large Format Interchangeable Cores, Simplex Mechanical Pushbutton Locks, master keying) preferred.
Company: Melbourne Orlando International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Orlando, FL, GA
Application Deadline: N/A