Website Pantex Plant
Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement physical, drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
- Conduct ALARA reviews to determine the need for appropriate engineering/administrative controls. Investigate internal and external exposures to determine the nature of potential intakes and likely causes of exposures to personnel. Assist in the development of policies, technical bases, and procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and standards
- Participate on emergency response team
- Monitors exposure trends and uses other radiological data to assess the performance of radiological work
- Perform radiological design reviews of new facilities, new processes or for modifications to facilities to ensure exposures will be maintained. Assist with audits and assessments of programs, practices and work areas
- Provide technical support in the area of health physics/radiological engineering to help safely control radiological work. Perform radiological hazard analysis of complex work activities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/science discipline
- OR Master’s degree in engineering/science discipline
- In addition, the applicant must meet the requirements of DOE O 426.2 (i.e., Baccalaureate in engineering or related science, 2 years job-related and at least 1 year nuclear experience, or a DOE O 426.2 alternative). DOE 426.2 experience requirements can be satisfied following employment. In the interim, newly hired personnel will not be assigned duties that could impact the safety basis of nuclear facilities.
Company: Pantex Plant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A