Website Pima Community College
The Director for Innovation is responsible for leadership and oversight of the newly formed Innovation Team, reporting to the Vice President of Workforce Development & Strategic Partnerships. The Innovation Team has college-wide responsibilities in implementing the recommendations of the Pima Community College Innovation Framework, including (but not limited to) launching and overseeing the business incubator, establishing an innovation center, and an innovation professional development regimen. This position works closely with the Vice President of Workforce Development & Strategic Partnerships and other administrators on key innovation initiatives.
- Establish, monitor, evaluate, and improve processes, procedures and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the College mission, values, goals, objectives, initiatives, and local, state, and Federal laws and regulations.
- Supervise and mentor employees to include: prioritize and assign work; conduct performance evaluations; ensure staff is trained; and make hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations
- Administer functional contract proposals and committees; manage the selection and deployment of contracts
- Manage financial operations of the Innovation Team.
- Coordinate with Division Deans on the development, oversight, and management of innovation-related initiatives
- Collaborate and partner with college departments, external institutions, and agencies regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs, services or operations
- Develop, plan, implement, and administer departmental goals and objectives
- Innovate programs, processes and services based on Workforce Development and Strategic Partnerships principles
- Represent the team, VP and/or Dean at events, meetings and committees as needed. Ensure effective and timely communication within and outside of the team and division
- Direct and supervise the collection of technical data and the preparation of a variety of complex reports, statements, and communications affecting employees, programs, grants, and service providers or vendors providing analysis and recommendations
- Develop, plan, implement, and administer strategic planning, organizational goals and objectives
- Manage strategic marketing and outreach activities workforce and economic development needs and initiatives
- New and emerging technologies in higher education
- Project management principles
- Research principles
- Possess excellent oral written communication and interpersonal skills together with excellent listening skills; the ability to seek out, understand, and enable diverse viewpoints and approaches to achieve College goals
- Supervisory & Managerial principles
- Must demonstrate creative leadership, innovation, and a mindset of continuous improvement; enthusiasm; a style that is genuine, open and engaging; good judgment in recognizing talent and assessing where improvements are needed; the ability to make appropriate connections and build synergies; an open and creative approach to problem-solving and a willingness to address issues without territoriality
- Applicable theories and principles related to Innovation Framework
- Strategy development principles and procedures
- Current trends in area of Innovation initiatives
- Experience in launching new programs
- Must be confident, motivated, self-directed, solutions-oriented, resilient, and possess the ability to work under pressure to manage deadlines.
Company: Pima Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A