Website Salt Lake City International Airport
The City is looking for a Director for the Division of Parks to join a collaborative team within the Department of Public Lands! This candidate will have a strong commitment to providing equitable access, livability and stewardship in our parks and public spaces. The new Director will establish a work environment where employees take pride in their work and enjoy the challenge of enhancing and improving parks and public lands valued by the community. An advocate for staff development, the Director will inspire employees to continuously improve the division.
- Represents the Program Director, as needed, at public and professional meetings. Makes presentations to the community and elected city officials.
- Utilizes computers and management systems to add a
- Designs, implements and monitors assigned programs including management and oversight of: operating budgets, performance measures, personnel, equipment maintenance, etc. Recommends and initiates process improvements cost saving measures, efficiencies and other program changes necessary to enhance operations and meet program goals and objectives.
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identifies resource needs and reviews with appropriate management staff; implements improvements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department, division and program goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for City parks and recreation programs.
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures.
- Requests, reviews and assesses team reports, including: hours worked (direct and indirect), overtime, general labor distribution, work order completion and work back logs, and project status tracking logs.
- Directs, coordinates, and reviews the work plans for the Parks and Public Lands division.
- Assigns work activities and projects.
- Monitors work flow and reviews, assesses and evaluates work products, methods and procedures. Meets with staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Assesses budgetary constraints, employee and equipment availability and needs, and time constraints involved in maintenance projects.
- Assists divisions with public relations work and prepares departmental publications; provides assistance with special events; directs calls, questions, and complaints from the public and elected officials; provides information relative to area of assignment.
- Recommends annual operating and capital budgets for assigned programs, including equipment and materials replacement and/or upgrade. Directs and manages maintenance estimates, scheduling, and forecasts program needs including: budget, materials, personnel and equipment.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook along with specific asset and work management systems of Accela, and Kronos.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with the general public including coordination and presenting in public forums.
- Bachelor degree in related field and 7-9 years of increasingly responsible work experience in related field of which five (5) years includes responsibility in a supervisory or management role.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis, excluding supervisory requirement.
- Thorough knowledge of parks operations standards, and best practices; relevant city, state and federal regulations; utilization and implementation of maintenance plans; capital improvement, personnel management, and other relevant processes.
- Practical knowledge of provisions covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (public access requirements), Environmental Protection
- Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA), and applicable state and federal codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of safety rules and hazards and application of accident prevention measures associated with maintenance procedures and the operation of equipment.
- Ability to work with and effectively manage subordinate staff, including managers, supervisors and employees.
Company: Salt Lake City International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A