Website San Diego International Airport
San Diego International Airport is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
- Define project roles and responsibilities with the designated project team; manage changes in project scope, schedule, and cost; prepare civil design plans and project specifications; review plan designs; submit plan approvals for building permits.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop statement of work; develop, maintain, and track project scope, schedule, and budget, ensure projects are completing on-time and within budget.
- Plan and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; establish performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitor performance and provide coaching for performance improvement and development.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop requests for proposals, consulting agreements and similar contracts; and manage, monitor, and review the work of consultants to ensure contract requirements are satisfied.
- Track project members’ progress against project commitments; facilitate regular project meetings with stakeholders; communicate project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential stakeholder escalation issues.
- Participate in the consultant selection processes, negotiate agreements and consultant fees; review and approve contractor payment requests and change orders; and provide oversight of contract closeout.
- Communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Motivates others through relationships, expectations and approach; gains others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Reviews the situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternative solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods to evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
- Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
- Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering, project management, construction management or a closely related field.
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience in a public agency or consulting organization focused on program management, project management, construction management and design, at least three of which were in a management capacity.
Company: San Diego International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A