Website U.S. Small Business Administration
The effectiveness of the Department’s law enforcement and legal responsibilities depends upon the continued recruitment and hiring of excellent and diverse legal talent. We recognize the need for attorneys of varied backgrounds and skills, and offer an inclusive environment that relies on diverse perspectives to ensure that we effectively serve the American people.
- All initial attorney appointments to the Department of Justice are made on a 14 month (temporary) basis pending favorable adjudication of a background investigation.
- Temporary appointments may be extended or made permanent without further competition.
- Assistant United States Attorneys generally must reside in the district to which he or she is appointed or within 25 miles thereof. See 28 U.S.C. Section 545 for district-specific information.
- The applicant must possess superior oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, exhibit good judgment, and have demonstrated capacity to function with minimal guidance in a highly demanding environment.
- The applicant will be expected to do his/her own legal research and writing and shall be substantially self-sufficient in preparing day-to-day correspondence and pleadings.
- Applicants must possess computer literacy skills to include experience with automated research, electronic court filing, electronic e-mail and word processing systems.
- Preferred qualifications include at least five (5) years of legal experience with complex investigations
Qualification & Experience:
- Prosecutions, including jury trial experience.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide variety of attorneys and non-attorney professionals is strongly preferred.
Company: U.S. Small Business Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A