Website Schneider Electric
This position is responsible for performing order engineering processes and managing day to day order engineering activities for Switchboard products at the El Paso production plants. This includes designing custom switchboards, creating bills of materials, developing drawings, seeking alternative part replacements, and helping production and other production support functions with engineering related activities. Create opportunities to reduce end to end complexity using ‘design for manufacturing’ principles. Leverage component reuse and design modularity to improve supply chain and quality performance. Collaborate with teammates, local and remote to develop and enhance best practices. Position requires work schedule flexibility to be able to support production during the week, on weekends, and across various production shifts. Direct and frequent communication and collaboration with customers remotely and in person through travel.
- Measure the ISSR and S-OTD & U-OTD (External Supplier Service Rate) and drive action.
- Manage the backorder portfolio (BOL), the shortage and to take actions to insure the availability of product.
- Define and manage the level of the parameters of supply and stock management of RM/Components according to the MPS to supply customer requirement while reducing the unhealthy stock.
- Support the Short Interval Management (SIM) process in accordance with the Schneider Production System (SPS).
- Manage physical inventory levels and trigger replenishment based off reporting and analysis.
- Participate in Materials SIM meetings, documentation of barriers as well as barrier resolution.
- Participate in daily operations meetings with various other functions of the manufacturing team.
- Manage the delivery and receipt of purchase orders and resolve all associated quality, quantity and accounting issues.
- Place and track purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Define and update the parameters of supply and stock management including ramp-up & ramp-down to achieve the target service level while reducing unhealthy stock and express cost / SIOP ( Master Production Schedule ).
- Ensure the quality and consistency of key data: Lead Time, Quantity, Stocking policy.
- Manage the continuous needs/resources balance (MRP, Kanban .. ) for raw material, components, sub-assemblies and finished products.
- Work within peer group and leadership infrastructure to ensure that best practice and opportunities are delivered.
- Ability to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to conclusions based on the findings
- Ability to make problem solve and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Independently solve problems and make decisions for primary and strategic execution and tactical issues within the relevant portfolio of projects and or processes.
- Partner, influence, collaborate & communicate across the enterprise and with the relationships built outside
- Ability to proactively seek out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar supply chain role or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Operations Engineering required
Company: Schneider Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A