Website San Diego Gas & Electric
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Provide support and training for Archibus system (i.e., provide guidance/feedback on system enhancements, assisting customers, Land Services personnel, etc. with technical questions of system, ensuring large projects are structured appropriately for consistent data entry/retrieval).
- Support land rights projects via negotiations with public and private customers and other department related needs.
- Interface with other SDGE departments, property owners/customers and vendors to address inquiries and provide support to address and resolve land services issues.
- Generate and review reports in a digital database (i.e., Archibus, MS Access) related to workflow management. Analyze reports for accuracy and will assess information to ensure work related deadlines are met. With this information, determine if there is a need to initiate survey or CMP related communication.
- Conduct the necessary research and land rights interpretation to support various land management inquiries. Communicate with others the researched information, documentation, and analysis to support project, inquiry and issue resolution.
Strong analytical, time management skills and decision-making skills, with aptitude in navigating across the organization.
Travel is required within the service territory to various company locations in addition to potential travel outside of the territory to attend meetings, training, and conferences.
Valid California Driver’s license
Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
Action oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while adapting to changes in priorities.
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with experience providing excellent customer service; including ability to communicate difficult and technical information to people that may be unfamiliar with content.
Proficient with computer technology related to the position including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, Excel and aptitude to learn Archibus and GIS systems.
Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at various levels within the company, as well as external vendors, agencies and/or companies.
Conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- 3 years’ experience and understanding of basic concepts in at least one of the following areas: land rights, real estate principles, electric standards/CMP program, or land survey.
Company: San Diego Gas & Electric
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A