Website United States Senate
This is supervisory, administrative work managing the administrative operations of a legal office, including supervising all non-attorney personnel; serving as a liaison between attorneys and staff; evaluating and providing oversight of the office’s operating and information systems; overseeing and managing the office’s finances; assisting in client development activities; and evaluating, managing, and maintaining the facilities of the office.
- Maintain SCCE personnel records for all SCCE employees; develop and maintain the non-attorney procedures manual; and maintain the attorney procedures manual containing policies and procedures applicable only to attorney personnel.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring, and forecasting; assist in preparing reports on monthly variances; and process all vendor invoices in accordance with
- Secretary-established processes and Senate Rules. In coordination with attorneys, draft service contracts and shepherd them through appropriate channels for
- Act as office liaison with Secretary accounts payable staff; assist employees with preparation and submission of expense reports; and manage SCCE’s expense-approval process.
- Provide oversight of SCCE operating and information systems, including communicating with SCCE
- Information Technology Administrator (IT Administrator) and Secretary Office of Information Systems to stay up-to-date on practice-management technologies and software solutions.
- Serve as backup IT Administrator and ensure efficient operation of all SCCE IT resources.
- Working with IT Administrator, coordinate vendor relationships, including negotiations; secure and manage appropriate maintenance contracts for computer software systems; and oversee hardware and software purchases, implementations, and upgrades.
- In coordination with Senate support offices and IT Administrator, manage the office’s telephone system.
- Specific experience with VMware, Microsoft 365, Dell, and/or Tableau is preferred.
- Knowledge of banking operations and IT infrastructure within financial institutions, including familiarity with core processing platforms is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals including IT service management, end user computing systems, networking, virtualization concepts, emerging tech and board industry security standards.
- 8 to 12 years of progressively responsible experience within IT organizations. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate strategic involvement or outlook;
- At least five (5) years of team leadership or other supervisory experience a must.
- Skills: Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development, and an ability to integrate that with an organization’s larger strategic plan.
Company: United States Senate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Application Deadline: N/A