Website United States Senate
This is administrative and managerial work providing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software functional and technical support for the management of the Senate’s financial systems applications, specifically Oracle PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain Management (FSCM), General Ledger (GL), Commitment Control (KK), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and Purchasing processes.
- Provide support for recurring activities associated with maintaining PeopleSoft FSCM applications, including creating and maintaining PeopleSoft chart fields and ensuring that activity recorded within various FSCM modules ties to GL balances.
- Support change management for the financial system including development and delivery of training to PeopleSoft FSCM users; author and disseminate user communication; and oversee the creation of instructional manuals, help content, and training materials.
- Provide configuration, testing, and application support for the FSPO PeopleSoft GL and KK module, including but not limited to: assisting accounting team by generating queries and reports to support business processes.
- Ensure financial systems functionality supports Senate financial policies, and recommend system changes and business process improvements.
- Review policy and proposed business changes for impacts to financial systems and financial systems stakeholder groups.
- Participate in testing and validation of PeopleSoft FSCM applications when patches, upgrades, and enhancements are implemented.
- Translate user requirements to PeopleSoft configuration changes, queries, reports, or extensions; and assist in the tracking and resolution of system defects.
- Three years of progressive experience in the operation of a financial management system, including support for recurring accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide support to senior staff, information systems professionals, and non-technical users.
- At least one year of experience supporting an ERP software package in a role that includes testing and/or software configuration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work and pay attention to detail under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of commercial software application acquisition and sustainment leading practices, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills for handling multiple responsibilities at once.
- Ability to work collaboratively, foster positive working relationships, and interact with users using tact and diplomacy.
- Recent experience with complex, large-scale, integrated financial systems with strong emphasis on multiple accounting and finance modules.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
- Basic knowledge of Federal Financial Management is preferred, with a desire and willingness to learn more about the legislative process, as well as the history and operation of the Senate.
- Willing to learn and advise on the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL), as well as accounting theories, practices, methods, and techniques.
- Demonstrate and possess a strong interest in technology and financial systems.
- Skill in testing commercial software applications and documenting and communicating results. management.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and critical-thinking skills to assess situations, troubleshoot, and make recommendations for solutions from both strategic and tactical perspectives.
Company: United States Senate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A