Website United States Senate
This is a highly responsible, executive level position supporting the Sergeant at Arms on matters and actions involving the policing, physical security, executive protection, emergency preparedness and continuity of the United States Senate.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with others in the Sergeant at Arms organization, Senate and House Officer organizations, the U.S. Capitol Police, Capitol Police Board staff, and other stakeholders as they are identified.
- Supports clear and transparent communication, record keeping and maintains effective working relationships on behalf of the SAA, including Senate Leadership staff, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration staff, and Senate Legislative Branch Appropriations Subcommittee staff in support of the Sergeant at Arms role on the Capitol Police Board, the Joint Congressional Continuity Board, and the Senate Continuity Board.
- Ensures the Sergeant at Arms has the information and detailed preparation needed to fulfill the role as a member of the Capitol Police Board, the Joint Congressional Continuity Board, and the Senate Continuity Board.
- Participates in short- and long-range planning efforts and in the exercise and refinement of such efforts. Supports the development, refinement and exercise of processes, procedures, and plans to ensure the physical security and safety of building occupants in emergencies, and to ensure continuity of operations for the Senate. Supports after action reviews and previous lessons learned of the same.
- Assists with the development and oversight of the security, emergency preparedness and continuity budget, ensuring that it is consistent with the guidelines and priorities and decisions established by the Capitol Police Board, the Joint Congressional Continuity Board, and the Senate Continuity Board.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration, including governmental budgeting, procurement, and project management. Position requires a Top-Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain SCI.
- Ability to operate effectively in a virtual environment with the required IT platforms and applications and set up virtual meetings and engagements as required for small or large groups.
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of police operations, law enforcement coordination, emergency management and continuity of government.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, ability to brief senior executives and coordinate meetings, agendas, and briefings across a wide group of stakeholders. Possess excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
- Able to produce products in support of presentations and briefings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Senate and House officer organizations, the U.S. Capitol Police, Capitol Police Board staff, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice on operational decisions in a high-profile environment and simultaneously coordinate multiple independent projects effectively.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, recommend effective solutions, and support implementation of plans to achieve desired end state outlined by the SAA.
Company: United States Senate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Security
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A