Website San Francisco International Airport
Under general direction of the Emergency Management Manager, the Airport Emergency Management Coordinator will design, plan and test response procedures to ensure the effective mobilization of Airport first responders and mutual aid partners in emergencies or disasters; conducts drills and exercises for responses to such emergencies as air crash, air piracy, bomb threats, active shooter, hazardous material spills, counterterrorism, business operational interruptions, structural fire, and major natural disasters;
- Coordinates with Airport sections and local emergency personnel to plan and design Airport emergency and business continuity response and plans; develops mitigation strategies and creates scenarios to re-establish operations in the event of business interruptions; conducts risk assessments and recommends methods and procedures.
- Oversees and controls all functions of major exercises; plans, designs, organizes, and executes internal and external exercises of all types; evaluates exercise and actual emergency response results to improve future response procedures; assists in analyzing and problem solving operational and administrative procedures.
- Develops training curriculum to conduct emergency management and business continuity training for aviation and non-aviation tenants; serves as an advocate by promoting awareness of crisis management and business continuity program throughout the enterprise.
- May include additional duties as assigned.
- Develops, writes, and publishes operating manuals, technical reports, training materials, and operational support documents for internal applications and/or dissemination to other organizations; maintains business continuity planning tools and database.
- Serves as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies, airlines, tenants, and mutual aid partners to coordinate continuity and restoration plans, activities, and services; represents Airport management in emergency management and business interruption response; provides support and briefings to Emergency Response personnel as required.
- Demonstrated experience in training program development and implementation.
- Certified in Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methodology for emergency exercise development.
- Demonstrated experience in EOC management and/or support functions.
- Completion of Incident Command System (ICS) certification classes (100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800).
- Demonstrated experience in airport operations or airline emergency response.
- Demonstrated experience in emergency planning and/or business continuity program development and management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in emergency management.
Company: San Francisco International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A