Website San Francisco International Airport
Under general supervision, conducts field inspections that include High Bill Inspections, Wastewater Flow Factor Appeals, water supply, investigation of customer inquiries, resolving customer account billing irregularities, makes regular contact with the general public, property owners, tenants, building managers to obtain information, explain existing methods, procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to consumer water services, supply water to incoming ships at the Pier/Waterfront, collections which may include termination of water supply to enforce payment.
- Performs various field Inspections such as High Bill Inspections for potential leaks, Yard Inspections for Sewer Flow Factor Appeals, investigates water supply and pressure complaints, and responds to any other water related issues
- Prepares and maintains records of water services and meters.
- Investigates complaints regarding water quality such as taste, odor, or dirty water, through the collection of samples for lab and field analysis.
- Performs indoor and outdoor water surveys for customers to identify potential water savings, provide incentives, and recommendations for reducing water use.
- Inspects and monitors contractor meters on job sites, Instructs contractors on proper use of meters, disconnects and confiscates contractor meters and/or hoses and tools for improper or unauthorized use and follows up as necessary
- Investigates possible cross-connections and responds to 2nd alarm or greater fires.
- Conducts field investigations regarding various water service related issues and enters data into the database system
- Inspects and disinfects transmission lines while monitoring discharges for compliance.
- Tests, repairs, or replaces backflow prevention assemblies, and ensures that assemblies are tested annually.
- Interprets rules, regulations and carries out existing methods and procedures pertaining to customer water service delivery, and applicable water conservation and cross-connection programs.
- Arranges for testing, calibration, and/or repair or replacement of water, gas, electric meters and meter transmission units
- Responds to water quality, billing, pressure, service related inquiries and construction & maintenance hazards and issues, collects samples and/or makes recommendations.
- Compiles data and prepares reports, letters, memos related to water use to provide information related to water service and distribution.
- Performs collections which may include termination of water supply to enforce payment
- Provides water supply to docks and ships at various waterfront /pier locations
- Makes regular contact with municipal utilities, the general public, property owners, tenants, building contractors and other building construction representatives for furnishing or obtaining information and explaining specialized matters pertaining to water service and distribution.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and the water agency.
Qualification & Experience:
- Possession of an AWWA Backflow Tester Certification
- Possession of an Irrigation Association Auditor Certification
- Customer service experience, preferably in a utility environment
- Possession of an AWWA Cross Connection Control Specialist Certification
- Experience working safely near and around fast paced active open construction sites with operating large & heavy equipment
- Possession of a Water Conservation Practitioner Grade I Certification from American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Possession of a Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper Certification
Company: San Francisco International Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A