Website Shriners Hospitals for Children
The Cyber Security Specialist II supports the Senior Manager, Cyber Security in leading efforts to ensure that information systems and computer networks are secure. This includes protecting against hackers and cyber-attacks, as well as monitoring network traffic and logs for activity that seems unusual. Additionally, Specialists are responsible for finding vulnerabilities in the computer networks and creating recommendations for how to minimize these vulnerabilities. The Cyber Security Specialist investigates security incidents, develops strategies for any security issues that arise, and utilizes the help of cybersecurity tools to maintain security.
- Ensures that the security policies and procedures are followed to secure information at rest or in motion.
- Ensures proper reporting of information security violations or potential violations to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Examines requests for security approval and makes appropriate decisions Assures regulatory compliance related to electronic information in areas such as Health
- Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Leads several programs such as the monitoring, audit, incident Response, training/Awareness, risk Assessment, security consulting, reporting.
- Identifies potential areas of information security compliance vulnerability and risk. Leads small to major incident investigations.
- Reviews and drafts security policies and procedures and ensures they are sufficiently vetted and communicated.
Program/Service Management – 25%
- Documentation and Communication skills
- Basic to advanced networking skills
- Trouble shooting skills
- Network device monitoring (Routers, switches)
- Intrusion Detection Systems (Network and Host)
- Working knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure
- Firewall (Installation, Maintenance, Administration), Personal Firewall (Installation, Maintenance, Administration and Support)
- Knowledge of TCP / IP and routing
- Anti- Virus Software and Anti Spyware solutions
Company: Shriners Hospitals for Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Spokane, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A