Website Shriners Hospitals for Children
The Orthotics & Prosthetics Technician II independently fabricates orthotic and prosthetic devices, including highly technical devices, with direction and guidance from other technicians and practitioners. The Technician II does so quickly and efficiently with limited supervision. The Technician II also repairs prostheses as required, and is responsible for maintaining supply inventories and fabricating devices with enough lead time to meet the set delivery date for each device. The Technician II assists practitioners with casting and fitting as requested by the practitioner, with responsibility for keeping fab tracking up to date in OPIE.
- Follows specifications on work orders.
- Serves as a resource for the development or creation of innovative design and fabrication of devices.
- Ensures devices are fabricated within deadlines.
- Makes certain that final product is smooth, uniform in thickness when indicated, and conforms to model. Componentry and materials selected appropriately for patient height, weight and activity level.
- Communicates effectively with practitioner regarding devices.
- Maintains accurate documentation in FabTracker.
- Provides guidance to Technicians in all areas of fabrication as needed.
- Ensures cosmetics of orthosis/prothesis alignment of joints and appropriateness trim lines are satisfactory to practitioner and patient.
- Follows product manufacturers guidelines.
- Independently demonstrates the knowledge and technical skills to correctly fabricate orthotic/prosthetic devices.
- Independently fabricates and accurately repairs neat appearing and structurally sound standard and highly technical Prosthetic or Orthotic devices utilizing optimum time management and cost savings techniques in fabrication.
- ABC Registered Technician Certification preferred
- Able to fabricate structurally sound and neat orthotic and prosthetic devices.
- Communication skills necessary to effectively cooperate and work with practitioners and other technicians.
- 2 years of orthotics & prosthetics technician experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Sound knowledge in all areas of orthotic and prosthetic fabrication.
- Able to work with chemicals; able to work safely with equipment and infection controls.
Company: Shriners Hospitals for Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A