Website Shriners Hospitals for Children
The Computer Operator monitors the computer operations processes and ensures that all batch processing, system backups and scheduled work is completed when required. The Computer Operator identifies computer operations issues, system abnormalities, and coordinates corrective action with other areas of International Data Center (IDC) personnel including VMS, Citrix and Oracle network specialists or as directed by the Computer Operations Supervisor. The Computer Operator updates operations documentation as directed, and monitors the IDC building operations including security, backup power and communications systems, utilities, delivery, etc. The Computer Operator w orks with Headquarters and hospital personnel to document and resolve computing issues, provides assistance with PC related hardware and software system s used by SHC and logs and identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides advice to assist users.
- Operates and monitors computer equipment.
- Ensures that batch jobs and system backups complete as scheduled.
- Maintains computer operations documentation including special instructions, system operation, troubleshooting procedures, user contacts, operations logs, etc. Identifies, resolves or escalates system resource contention issues.
- Identifies system abnormalities and malfunctions initiating corrective action or escalating as necessary.
- Maintains various control logs as necessary.
- Assists with installation, configuration, testing, tuning and upgrading of computer systems as directed.
- Assists with asset management and tracking.
- Works with Headquarters and hospital personnel to document and resolve computing issues.
- Provides assistance with PC-related hardware and software systems used by Shriners Hospitals for Children (SHC).
- 2 years’ computer operations experience required
- 2 years’ VMS, Citrix and Oracle training and “hands-on” experience preferred
- Effectively communicate with technical, supervisory and user personnel concerning computer operations conditions and requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of computer operations techniques and best practices.
- Operational understanding of Cern.
- High School/GED Degree required
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
Company: Shriners Hospitals for Children
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A