Website Smithsonian Institution
The Administrative Officer will oversee budget formulation and execution, procurement and contracting, personnel, material needs and problems, and provide direct support to central operations including guidance and direction to dispersed units.
- Prepare performance plans and special service awards, conduct performance appraisals, review position duties. Prepare adverse or disciplinary actions and recruit new staff.
- Review proposals for new programs, major shifts, or revisions in existing programs for consistency with program objectives and policy implications and recommend approval of such proposals and provides guidance on the improvement of the proposed programs.
- Provide policy guidance and technical leadership to assure quality, efficiency, and economy in operations, as well as develop and implement new methods to improve the effectiveness of program operations.
- Direct the development, justification, execution, and control of Federal and Trust budgets to include both short and long-range planning and establish budget and financial operating policies and procedures integral to the accomplishment of the unit’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee and develop annual personnel staffing plans, spending and training plans and work with staff in monitoring and developing individual performance plans. Regularly evaluate performance, conduct formal and informal evaluations of all staff, assess training needs and make recommendations for further staff development.
- Provide centralized planning and guidance for initiatives that impact all SAAM’s efforts and develops short and long-range plans to accomplish program goals and objectives.
May be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer.
May be required to serve an 18-month probationary period for supervisors.
Pre- and post-appointment background investigation
Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with Selective Service.
Company: Smithsonian Institution
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A