Website Smithsonian Institution
This announcement is for FAA permanent employees requesting an Employee Requested Reassignment (ERR) into a 2101 position in Technical Operations. This announcement will not be used for promotions.
- The duties involve performing various duties associated with the systems, subsystems, and categories and equipment that support the operation of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Responsibilities and duties include work in connection with one or more of the following systems: Communications, Navigation and Landing, Surveillance, Weather. Environmental Service, Automation, etc.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must document 3 years of full time(40 hours per week) general work experience that provided a basic knowledge of the principles of electronics, mathematics, computers, aeronautics, or related areas, or an understanding, both theoretical and practical, of automated systems operation, integration, management, and maintenance.
- Experience may have been gained in occupations such as computer specialist, electronics technician, telecommunications specialist, engineer, or other work related to this position.
- Applicants should include examples of specialized experience in their Work History.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be qualifying for this position Valid Driver’s License is required.
Company: Smithsonian Institution
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A